It’s July! We’ve survived half of 2020! You know, just that sentence is a tad on the terrifying side. If this was the first half, what does the second half have in store for us?
Anyway. Let’s think about something happier, shall we?
I’m happy to announce the contracts are signed for a new Blackfire novella! It will be included in Crone Girls Press’s new Midnight Bites series. Well, as soon as I finish writing it! That is an important step in the process of publication, or so I understand.
Work on the novella and on Ye Olde Thesis has pretty well consumed the month, though the local news and Patreon work has continued, as you’ll see in the links.
Otherwise, life at Donald Media Towers has pretty much continued quietly, as we prepare for a funky-weird fall semester that may be partly online and partly on campus. I really need to clean the office – or at least the part anyone can see on Zoom.
• Writerversary. (Patreon)
• COVID-19 stalls school construction program (Highland News-Leader)
• Highland alters Fourth of July celebration (Highland News-Leader)
• Highland school leaders consider off-campus learning in fall (Highland News-Leader)
• I also wrote a piece on outdoor camping during pandemic for Outdoor Guide Magazine, which is not available online.
• San Antonio: The Market (Patreon)
• Housekeeping and Uncle Sam (Patreon), updating my subscribers on Patreon’s new sales tax and other updates. You remember that I have a Patreon and it’s totally awesome and you should subscribe especially since it starts at $1 a month?
I’m sorry to say just about every public appearance I had planned for the latter half of the year has been canceled or moved online. We’re still waiting to hear about Archon, but other than that, it’s a virtual life for me.
Stay safe, fiends. I’ll see you on the flip side.